Caramelized Shallot Sour Cream
- 2 cups shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or cooking spray
- Pinch salt/pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sugar
- 14 oz. soft tofu
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp umeboshi vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Use a cast iron skillet over low heat
- Add shallots, oil, salt/pepper, paprika and sugar
- Cook for 30 minutes or until very brown.
- Stir often
- Let mixture cool
- Add shallots to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth. Allow mixture to chill for several hours before serving.
This is a delicious accompaniment on baked potatoes and to White Bean Borscht.