This is my favorite vegan ‘Parmesan’ recipe. This recipe is meant to mimic the shaky cheese we all group up with, not the authentic stuff. Blanched almonds are my favorite nut. You could also use almonds with skin, but the visuals won’t be the same and it will have a slight bitterness to it. This ‘cheese’and my Roasted Garlic Marinara go really well together.
- 1.5 cups blanched almonds
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- Optional: 1 probiotic capsule
- Pulse everything together in a food processor until it reaches the consistency of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 months.